Online Police Reporting
Welcome to the Vernon Police Department Online Police Reporting System. Using this system allows you to submit a report immediately.
STOP: IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY PLEASE CALL 9-1-1
BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR ONLINE REPORT, PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW:
1. Did this incident occur outside of Vernon city limits?
2. Do you have the name of the suspect(s)?
3. Did this incident happen on a Freeway?
4. Is this a theft of a vehicle or license plate?
If you answered “Yes” to any question 1 through 4, we cannot take an online police report. Please contact the Vernon Police Department at (323) 587-5171, for an officer to assist you with your report.
The online police report system will allow you to submit a report at your convenience from any location where you have access to the internet. Before you begin, please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
• See the following information: "Your online police report has been submitted."
• Once your report is approved, you will receive a confirmation email with the report number.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What if this happened in another city, can I file a report using this system? No, if a crime took place outside of the City of Vernon please call the police department for that city.
2. What if this happened on a state Freeway? If this took place on a state Freeway please call the California Highway Patrol Office near you.
3. What is a known suspect? A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.
4. What if I had written down the complete serial number? If you know the serial number (which is usually only obtained if you look at the item and record the serial number from the item, packing materials and receipts generally have item numbers or store related codes not serial numbers) include all serial numbers in your report.
5. What if I have photos of my property that was stolen or damaged? You may send photos to: Vernon Police Department, 4305 Santa Fe Ave, Vernon, CA, 90058. Your report number must be at the top of each photo. Your submitted photos will be added to your report.
• Filing a false police report is a crime.
• You must have a valid email address to file an online police report.
• All cases filed using the Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
• Upon review, if your case requires further investigation you will be contacted by an investigator.
Victim's Bill of RightsCalifornia Constitution, Article1, Section 28(b)
In order to serve and protect a victim's rights to justice and due process, a victim shall be entitled to 17 rights called "Marsy's Rights".
Please click on the link to begin the online reporting process: Online Police Reporting