City of Vernon California

Emergency Response

If you have an emergency, call 911 immediately!

The Health & Environmental Control Dept. responds to all hazardous material releases and spills. 

You are required to report a spill to the Health Dept. when:

    • Any quantity spill involves an extremely hazardous substance
    • Any spill exceeding 42 gallons if it is a petroleum product
    • Any spill that causes an injury or death
    • Any spill that discharges off-site, or into the storm drains
    • Any spill that requires a Police or Fire Dept. response

In addition, you may have additional reporting requirements depending on your site (OES, NRC, AQMD, Coast Guard, Army Corp. Engineers, County Sanitation, etc.)