Finance / Treasury
To develop fiscal policies that ensure a financially strong and effective city government. To implement financial policies and procedures that are consistently monitored and reviewed to maintain the financial integrity of the City and its related agencies. To be responsible for the overall financial management of the City, and ensures that generally accepted accounting standards are followed and appropriate internal controls are in place to safeguard City assets.
1. Provide timely and relevant information to City leaders and executives to enhance decision-making and promote the long-term financial well being of the City. Obtain or produce relevant operating, revenue-performance and economic forecasts to support the decision process.
2. Administer record-keeping methodologies and reporting systems that will ensure compliance with GAAP, federal and state mandates, disclosure rules and contractual and legal requirements.
Primary Responsibilities: The Department of Finance is responsible for the overall financial management of the City. The department oversees the treasury function, as well as:
- 1. Annual City Budgets
- 2. Cash and Investment Management
- 3. Annual Audited Financial Statements
- 4. Purchasing
- 5. Risk Management
- 6. Licenses & Permits
- 7. Capital Asset Management
- 8. Accounts Payable
- 9. Accounts Receivable / Collection
- 10. General Ledger
- 11. Grant Accoutning
Finance Policies and Procedures
Policies pretaining to: Budget, Purchasing, and Accounts Payable.
Director of Finance
Phone: (323) 583-8811 Ext. 849