It's Time to VOTE
The City of Vernon is conducting a special election on June 1st. You should have received your sample ballot which provides important information on the issues, and instructions on how to vote.
Official Ballots were mailed on May 1st. Be sure to read the instructions prior to voting.
- Using a black or blue pen completely fill in the circle to the left of your choice.
- The envelope has special security features, but you can also fold your ballot so that your vote is on the inside.
- Once you've made your selections, place your ballot in the return envelope.
- Make sure to sign your return envelope and clearly date and print your address.
- You can return your ballot by mail, or bring it to the City Clerk at City Hall. Ballots must be received by 8 pm on June 1st.
Once your ballot has been mailed or delivered to the City Clerk, your envelope will only be handled by official elections staff. The processing of your ballot is conducted with the utmost care and privacy. Be assured that your vote remains confidential through the entire elections process, and will not be revealed to anyone. Your vote remains anonymous before, during, and after the elections process, and how you voted is protected.
For more information, or to report concerns regarding elections, please call the City Clerk at 323-583-8811 EXT. 897, or you may leave a message on the City's secure, confidential, voter hotline at 323-826-3665. The City of Vernon does not take a position in support or opposition to ballot measures or candidates.
For elections information please click here.