Business Friendly Vernon
More than any other city in Southern California, Vernon is uniquely suited to meet the needs of industry. Vernon has all of the advantages businesses seek to meet or exceed their competition:
- Ideal development location for a wide variety of businesses and business needs.
- Close to downtown Los Angeles, Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and the Ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles.
- Quick, easy surface street access to four major Southern California freeways and the Alameda Rail Corridor.
- Low business construction and health permit fees.
- Low business license fees.
- The lowest municipal utility rates in Southern California for electricity, natural gas, water and fiber optics.
- Class 1 fire department, a distinction held by only 30 cities in the United States.
- City health department serving the city's industrial businesses.
- Industrial development advisors serving as a liaison for business to Vernon's city departments and agencies.
- Community service department that offers streamlined and efficient 'one-stop' process for managing public works, building permits, fire code compliance, and city planning enabling business owners to obtain a full Certificate of Occupancy within eight weeks.
- Police department with an emergency response time of less than four minutes.